What Sets Brown Nelms Apart
- Dedication to the client
- Personal, one-on-one service
- A detailed assessment of every client’s needs
- A professional staff that is always seeking more professional development opportunities
- A staff that goes out of their way, sometimes even off-site, to meet a client’s busy schedule
- A commitment to meet a client’s needs now and into the future with long-term planning and goals
Ted Brown was in his twenties when he left an established public accounting firm in Atlanta and founded Brown Nelms in 1983. Ted’s original vision was that of a medium-sized firm offering an enjoyable work environment where employees were given the freedom to employ their accounting expertise for the benefit of the clients. David Nelms joined Ted in 1993 and shared the same vision. More than two decades later, Brown Nelms has met and even surpassed their vision. Brown Nelms services the Southeastern U.S. and works with a myriad of diverse companies and individuals. The firm is unique because the independent backgrounds of our CPAs allow them to relate to clients on a personal level. Our partners know what it is like to start a company from the ground up, develop a prudent business plan, create a workable budget, pay suppliers in a timely fashion and efficiently collect receivables.
As our firm has continued to grow in size and capability, we’ve established long term relationships with some of the most successful companies in the Southeast U.S. Despite our considerable growth, we’ve maintained an office environment with a pleasant, yet dedicated atmosphere; something with which we’re all immensely proud.
“Wow, you guys are good!! Thank you”.
– Gibson Landscape
“Ya’ll have been awesome!! Everyone in our office is so pleased with how smooth and quick everything went.”
– Tidwell Construction
“Thanks for looking out for us! You guys are the best!”
– Southeastern Lumber Company
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA)
- The Georgia Branch of The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- The Georgia Branch of The Associated General Contractors of America Young Leaders Program (AGC YLP)
- Georgia Utility Contractors Association (GUCA)
- Home Builders Association of Midwest Georgia (HBAMWG)
- American Institute of CPA Employee Benefit Audit Quality Center (AICPA EBAQC)
- American Institute of CPA Private Company Practice Section (AICPA PCPS)